Monday, April 21, 2014

Let things get away from me again

So it's been a while since I posted. I do have some entries to input here, but things have happened and I just didn't have the energy or time. One of the most major things that has happened was a few days ago, when my cat Sherlock died. Now, I didn't see anything myself. But it's just the lack of seeing that lets me know that yes, it was my Sherlock. My mom came into my room three mornings ago to let me know that she and my step dad had seen some guy come out of a truck and pick a dead cat up off the road; one that looked like Sherlock from far away. the followed him and he dumped the body somewhere in the woods. my step dad was unable to locate the body. they later saw the same guy going to opposite direction and asked where he dumped it. he gave a general location, but my step dad was still unable to locate the dead cat. but My Sherlock is a spoiled glutton, and the last time I saw him was the night before that terrible morning. So deep inside, I know it was him, though I wish it wasn't. and this whole situation has been very hard on me. While I still have his two sibling, Whiskers and Rugrat, I won't lie: Sherlock was my favorite. I'm the one who named him. my mom gave the other two cats their names. Sherlock was a kind kitty, he loved to give kisses. he was very playful. He was also as I said before, a totally spoiled glutton. He could eat and eat so many times a day it's quite ridiculous. but he wasn't a very fat cat or anything. he got plenty of exercise to make up for it. I miss him so much, and just picturing him gets me very depressed. it's weird that this is the first time I've had to deal with the passing of someone close to me in all my twenty some odd years of living. I've had death happen in my biological family. the most recent passing was my grandpa back when I was in high school, but even his death didn't have any great impact on me. I have never been especially close to any of my relatives. I can understand it's sad for others and feel sorry for their loss, I know there are plenty of people who did like the relatives of mine who have died. but I can't really feel sad personally. And due to not having many close friends or family, I'm not sure how to deal with this. I have no support. My cats ARE my family, and really the only ones I can truly count as family in an emotional sense.

But anyway, I do have some back entries to post. I haven't done all the weekly things for the DP Through the Wheel of the Year book. I did do the week for the nature awareness. I had taken two walks around my town in the woods, and made entries on my thoughts and observations in my journal. I should be posting those sometime this week, along with the second week homework for the DP Through the Wheel of the Year book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment